30th ACPT • March 23-25, 2007
See left panel for full results. Scores updated May 16.
Have a question about your score? Write to us and we'll look into it.
To purchase a DVD of the tournament for only $5, provided by Nancy Shack, click the button at right.
Pictures from the Tournament
- Don Christensen: Group 1 | Group 2
- Nancy Shack's Photos
- Fay Eastwood's "Cru Dinner" Photos
- Pete Mitchell's flickr
Distribution by Puzzle
Thanks to Mel Rosen for running these analyses!
- "Time Capsule" team game by Scott and Susan Weiss played on Saturday night to great acclaim
- "Crossword Table" Auction Details and Results
In the News
- Cruciverbalists, keep your day jobs Beyond Wisconsin [April 21, 2007]
- Top puzzler, 11 letters Chicago Sun-Times [April 6, 2007]
- Ground Zero For Word Play Hartford Courant [April 6, 2007]
- Colo. Man Second Best In Crossword Tournament CBS 3 (Denver) [April 3, 2007]
- Nary a cross word at puzzle competition Star-Ledger (New Jersey) [April 1, 2007]
- '07 Down: Stamford; '08 Up: Brooklyn New York Times [April 1, 2007]
- RPI alum wins third crossword tournament Polytechnic Online [March 30, 2007]
- Saved by the Bevel - Tyler Hinman's recap of the 2007 American Crossword Puzzle Championship Elites TV [March 29, 2007]
- Audio Slideshow Stamford Advocate [March 2007]
- Crossword tournament ends run in Conn. (video) WTNH [March 26, 2007]
- Across and down: Clued in to crossword mania at tournament Stamford Advocate [March 25, 2007]
- Hinman wins puzzle tournament for third-straight year Stamford Times [March 25, 2007]
- Contestants: Sharpen your pencils Stamford Advocate [March 24, 2007]
- After 30 years, crossword puzzle tournament leaving Connecticut Boston Globe [March 23, 2007]
- 'Wordplay' tourney begins Friday Dallas News [March 21, 2007]
- After 30 years, crossword tournament has outgrown Stamford Stamford Times [March 21, 2007]
- War of Words Star-Ledger [March 20, 2007]
- Puzzle fans battle for top prize in national crossword tournament Tuscaloosa News [March 18, 2007]