20th Annual American Crossword Puzzle Tournament, 1997
Photo by Don Christenson
The 20th Annual American Crossword Puzzle Tournament was held March 21-23, 1997 at the Marriott Hotel in Stamford, Connecticut.
|1997 Champion Doug Hoylman|
- A Newbie from Nowhere at the National written to this website by first-time participant Bob Newell
- Stamford 1997: A Rookie runs with his Heroes by C. Kenneth Stern (from Cruciverb-L listserve)
- Kelly's Perspective by Kelly Clark
In the News
- Article from Philadelphia On-Line March 16, 1997, written by Merl Reagle, who composed this year's 7th puzzle, solved by contestants on Sunday morning.
- March 27 article from the Boston Globe
- Judy Colbert's article printed in the Baltimore Sun (4/9/97)